VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Super Model types !

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Gorgeous! I'm not a big fan of that type of wood grain but the way Tidal finished it, I would be proud to have it in my listening room. Wizard, would you happen to know if the Agoria is considered a full range speaker?

Also, what do they mean by the difference between the copper cast -vs- the silver cast crossover? That's a new one to me.

Tom

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Gorgeous! I'm not a big fan of that type of wood grain but the way Tidal finished it, I would be proud to have it in my listening room. Wizard, would you happen to know if the Agoria is considered a full range speaker?

Also, what do they mean by the difference between the copper cast -vs- the silver cast crossover? That's a new one to me.

Tom

They look like full-range speakers and for that type of money, they better be!

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011

Tom

Tidal Audio is using the CAST capacitors made by the Danish company Duelund Coherent Audio in their passive crossovers. The CAST capacitors are made in two different versions. One with copper and one with silver.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Ah, thank you sir.

Tom

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
Looks great but where is the music? I listened it in Munich Show and for me there is no any music.
Sound is dry, hard, flat, no live, no saturance, too much analitical. But design super.

dcc

VIP/Donor
Nov 4, 2012
Continental Europe -
Nice looking setup. The amp stands look like they have speaker ports. What brand are they and what is their story?

These stands are custom made for Tidal. I understand that Tidal are using them for display in their audio room and during shows. They are not available for sale.

Last edited:

asindc

Sep 27, 2012
Heard these at the Capital Audiofest this past weekend. Hands down the Best in Show! Absolutely great speakers that really disappeared. If I was in the low six-figure market for speakers, these would be on my short list to audition without a doubt.

Worldcat

May 30, 2012
i agree with best of the show. I have never heard a tidal that was good to modern hifi sound to me. These where different but i am thinking it was the Bricasti new amps and dac. I have been trying to find out how it sounded so good. The owner of Bricasti owns tidals too and i told him i never heard them sound good until today. The ones i am referring to where the smaller ones not the Agoria.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing