Anyone use the Audio Tools iphone app?

caesar

May 30, 2010
How good is this app? It's only $20. What are the most pertinent modules for audiophiles? If this thing really works, it could be a killer app for guys setting up your gear.

Also, they are asking $200 for a microphone? Do you have to use theirs?

http://www.studiosixdigital.com/

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Can you use this app without another microphone Steve? Another words, just use your Iphone?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
The digital mic built into the Iphone is fantastic? I have the Iphone 4s.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I will give it a shot. I'm in Iowa right now for one more week and will be coming home this Friday.

Steve Williams

I will give it a shot. I'm in Iowa right now for one more week and will be coming home this Friday.

I'd be interested in what you think of it Mark. I've been using it now for the past 2 weeks and am very happy. As I said you'll learn a lot about your room.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I hope it's not hard to use and understand.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Oh, I'm going to buy it Steve.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Even I could figure it out Mark. You just bought an expensive LP. For $15 buy the app and give it a try

I went to download the app, but I have to upgrade to the newest IOs operating system first which I'm doing right now.

JonFo

Jun 11, 2010
Big Canoe, GA
www.jonathanfoulkes.com
I use the StudioSix Digital app, and highly recommend it. It measures fairly close to my larger measurement rigs based around ETF (RD) and REW along with two separate calibrated mics.

So for 'casual' measurements, it's great. And still very applicable if that's your only measurement choice. definitely better than nothing.

Steve Williams

You use pink noise Christian just like you would with any RTA. I maintain that at $14.99 it is a terrific app. Christian use track 4 of Stereophile Test CD and learn something about your room response before you so glibly condemn this app. As I said, it is so good that I threw out my $275 Phonic PAA2

RBFC

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Albuquerque, NM
www.fightingconcepts.com
I also bought the Onyx app at Steve's suggestion. It has proved extremely useful, especially for the price. I was able to identify a few problem areas in frequency response in my room very quickly.

Lee

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
You use pink noise Christian just like you would with any RTA. I maintain that at $14.99 it is a terrific app. Christian use track 4 of Stereophile Test CD and learn something about your room response before you so glibly condemn this app. As I said, it is so good that I threw out my $275 Phonic PAA2

I am not condeming it. Just trying to figure out the proper way to use it. Thanks for the tips on how to.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY

which stereophile test cd are you talking about ? CD1 that has pink noise for test track 4 ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing