The Dynaudio Arbiters are here

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Now I only have to wait one month for the Magico Q7 to arrive to use these amplifiers. Until then a friend of mine will loan them to drive his Rockport Altair. I will post pictures from that system later today.

Arbiter_Mine_2.jpg Arbiter_Mine_3.jpg

Last edited:

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Woww ... awesome ...Congratulations... how do you compare the Altair to the Q7 ? .

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
WOW! They look amazing! i have to look them up! Congrats!!! Look forward to more pictures, and also to your thoughts on how they work in that system with Altairs!

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
They look really great - it would be a fantastic match with a pair of Dynaudio Consequences mk2 I owned long ago, both in cosmetics and sound synergy. The Dynaudio's had exactly the same rosewood veneer and brass speaker metalwork.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
Are these still being made? What's the MSRP?

thanks,
alexandre

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Thank guys for all for the nice words. They are not being made anymore and MSRP was USD $200K. They were only sold as a set with the Dynaudio Arbiter preamplifier for a total MSRP of USD $380K. This particular pair has been mostly in storage at an Asian collector. i did not want the preamplifier.

Not that it matters all that much, but its gold and not brass.

Dynaudio has released a new Consequence Ultimate now, Microstrip. They have exactly the same looks as the old Consequence Mk.2. I have however never been a personal fan of the Dynaudio loudspeakers.

The Arbiters were made by a hired team lead by Michael Pavischitz. He is no longer involved with Dynaudio but has started his own German brand called Horch Electroakustik. They make a mono amplifier called Power Stage in their reference line which more or less is based on the Dynaudio Arbiter. I have never heard the Horch Power Stage but friends of mine have heard them and apparently they sound quite different from the Arbiter.

Rumours say that Michael Pavischitz was also involved in designing the Esoteric P-01 and D-01.

BTW, there was an Arbiter set (mono power amps and preamp) for sale on Audiogon a few weeks ago although with birdseye maple veneer panels. The previous owner used them with Magico M6. The Dynaudio Arbiter preamplifier (which I don't have - I will use the Lyra Connoisseur 3.0 preamp with these amps and the Q7) can be seen on the bench through the door behind the speakers.

http://www.horch-gmbh.de/

Magico_Q7_Dynaudio_Arbitter.jpg

Last edited:

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
They are quite heavy, but possible to handle for two strong persons when you take off the veneered panels and screw in the handles. These pictures were taken prior to shipping and actually better shows the veneers real color than my pictures from the opening post.

1_uten_paneler.jpg 3_uten_paneler.jpg 5_uten_paneler.jpg Arbiter_1.jpg Arbiter_2.jpg

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Arbiter_4.jpg Arbiter_5.jpg Arbiter_6.jpg Arbiter_7.jpg Arbiter_8.jpg

Dynaudio Aribter specifications:

Power Ouput (IEC @ Full Bandwidth)
8 Ohm 620 Watt
4 Ohm 1072 Watt
2 Ohm 1670 Watt

Maximum Current 120 Ampere

Frequency Bandwidth
-3db 0.3Hz-300KHz
+/-0.1db 20Hz-20KHz

THD Level (IEC @ Full Bandwidth, 1Khz, 8Ohm) < 0.005%
THD Level @ Max. Ouput (Under All Conditions) < 0.008%

Offset < 5mV

Signal Noise (A-Weighted) > 103db
Signal Noise (Unweighted) > 99db

Input Impedance 2.000Ohm

Input Sensitivity (For Rated Output) 2.25V or 6.75V

Slew Rate 80V/µ sek

Damping Factor
Output 1: > 1.000
Output 2: > 40

Power Consumption (Continous) 120 Watt
Power Consumption (Maximum) 2000 Watt

Last edited:

Elberoth

Member Sponsor
Dec 15, 2012
Poland
WOW, those must be one of the best looking amps ever designed !

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great stuff!!! Thanks for the photos! Look forward to your listening impressions! If possible, i am just as interested in reading about your impressions of the speakers as the amps.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing