The Dynaudio Arbiters are here

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
I never wrote that Tidal Audio makes tube components. What I wrote was that the tube system changed to a solid state system because the La Assoluta changed to a whole system approach and Tidal Audio only produce solid state components. So the tube plans are now out of the window. At first the Tidal system was planned to be driven by Zanden Audio CD playback components including tubes as well as Tube Research Labs preamplifier and power amplifier including tubes to drive the tweeter, midrange and midbass of the La Assoluta speakers. That would make it a tubed system in my book.

KenKelso

Feb 24, 2013
WOW Roysen, you've had some of the greatest stereo equipment in the world.
I had to ask, what do you rate as your favorite 3 solid state amps.
Also what was the best tube amps you heard?
Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing