Tidal Sunray T1

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
I am running the Coltrane 2 and Imuch preferred the ZenSati Seraphim cables to the Jorma Prime , at least in my set-up . The ZenSati are supposedly very similar sounding to the Tara Labs , or so I am told .[/QUOTE

Thanks Jazzhead. Which amps are you using with the Coltrane 2? I am not familiar with the ZenSatie Seraphim cables.

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Hi Audiocrack

Thanks for the reply, it was very useful, I tried a tara labs the one (?), but the result with merlin speaker as with tidal were not good, in my experience the best interconecters were synergistc apex research, but I use a different SET amplifier, I think the final result depends also of electronics.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Well, I am playing the Sunray right now with both amps, that is the Gakuon 211 amps on the borrom end and the Gakuoh 300b amps on the mids and highs. In my room the systems sounds very dynamic. I do not believe that I need more power, not even for the symphonies of Mahler, Bruckner, etc. However, I am sure that with big solid state the system would sound even more dynamic. But I prefer the subtlety and finesse of the Kondo amps to the big solid state guns. Some folks will probably argue that I prefer (Kondo) tube coloration, but that is allright with me. The Kondo in combination with the Marten Supremes and Tidal Sunrays create a very humane sound that I like and that resembles somewhat the feeling of live sound I experience regurlarly in some of the fine music halls.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Totally agree with you Jazzhead. System synergy, in particular between cables and (pre)amps, is something that cannot be found easily and takes a lot of time (and sometimes trial and error). That said in combination with the Supremes I am happy with the Jorma Primes but I have not yet tried the Taralabs zero golds and omega gold on them.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
I am running the Coltrane 2 and Imuch preferred the ZenSati Seraphim cables to the Jorma Prime , at least in my set-up . The ZenSati are supposedly very similar sounding to the Tara Labs , or so I am told .[/QUOTE

Thanks Jazzhead. Which amps are you using with the Coltrane 2? I am not familiar with the ZenSatie Seraphim cables.

Using a Vitus pre-power combo with the C2 , which is a great combination to my ears . Awaiting delivery of my WAVAC PRT-1 pre , interesting to see how it pairs up .

Mark Richards

May 16, 2013

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Thanks Mark. Tidal T1 Sunray and the top of the line Taralabs cables are indeed beautiful audio/music products. I love them both.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
If anyone is seriously interested in my beaufiful (sounding) Tidal Sunray T1 loudspeakers, please contact me.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Very nice I do not know how they sound but they get a 10 out 10 on looks.

they also sound great...exceedingly revealing but not an innately strident or stiff speaker. I have heard the Tidal Sunrays with the matching dual tower subs...

Peter Breuninger

[Industry Expert] Member Sponsor
Jul 20, 2010

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
My pyramided mahogany T1 Sunrays, that is the Sunrays with the large (and very expensive) Duelund silver caps which sound much better than the 'regular' Sunrays, are now available for eur 57 500,-. Retailprice of these speakers is eur 155 000. An add can be found on the German Audiomarkt website.

Roysen

Aug 6, 2011
Nothng out there looks as good as Tidal Audio loudspeakers. They are simply stunning.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing