Tidal Sunray T1

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
Wow. What amazing burl/flamed harwood! I thought it was maple at first. All of them are African Mahogany?

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I hope to be listening to Tidals Sunrays again shortly...possibly same model. Will post.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
La Assoluta will have 9 drivers in each and like Sunray it will be a 3-part speaker.

In the separate bass towers there will be 4 drivers in each.

Hi Wizard...just posted elsewhere on this. Any more news regarding this speaker, as we approach the release date this summer?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Yeah, the wood is pretty. The design doesn't make sense to me though.

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
They are indeed absolute gorgeous, also soundswise. I have never seen better woodwork and I listened to a lot top of the kine speakers. Only reason for selling them is that I would like to move up the Tidal kine. Pictures can be found on Audiogon as well

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
They are indeed absolute gorgeous, also soundswise. I have never seen better woodwork and I listened to a lot top of the kine speakers. Only reason for selling them is that I would like to move up the Tidal kine. Pictures can be found on Audiogon as well

Audiocrack welcome to WBF , enjoy your stay here ...

Is the set up above yours .. Tidal + Marten ?

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Very nice . Do you still have the Supremes , they look awful small alongside the Tidal . How would you compare the two , from your post above I take it Tidal is you preference . I can identify the Kalista Ref with the Kondo pre and phono stages and Prime cabling , could you please identify the amps down below . The only upgrade with Tidal above the Sunray , is the La Assoluta system if I am correct .

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Hi Audiocrack

I would like to know about your experience with tidal speaker and jorma cable, this is one doubt I have since I bought tidal piano diacera,now I am using one silver speaker cable better than argento flow , I tryed also Kubala sosna emotion, cardas GR , sterovox, synergistic research tesla, taralabs, but with all them the transparency decreases as the sound stage loses tridimensionality, so the only cable I would like to try is Jorma cable.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hello Jazzhead, all these top of line loudspeakers are very, very good albeit quite different. The T1 Sunray sounds somewhat milder than the Coltrane Supremes. The latter are really amazing in the way they disapear and the bass, although not the deepest I have heard, is incredable tight. I love both. The woodwork of the Sunray is the most beautiful I have ever seen, it resembles velvet in a certain way. The amos are Kondo Gakuoh 300b single end amps and Audio Note/Kondo 211 se amps.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Hi Georgemg, I have only experience with the Jorna prime loudspeaker cables. So therefore cannot comment on their ic's. I bought the Jorma cables for my coltrane supremes because Marten uses this cable inside the supreme cabinets. Right now I am playing the T1 Sunrays with the Taralabs zero gold loudspeaker cables. On the Sunrays I prefer the latter to the Jorma prime cables: more room, power and bloom. But with the supremes some kind of synergy is created.

Audiocrack

Aug 10, 2012
Sorry, the Taralabs ic's are called zero gold (which I am also using) but the Taralabs top of the line speaker cables are called the omega gold. As said before, on the Sunrays I prefer them to the Jorma prime loudspeakercabkes (and the Argento master reference (silver) cables that I used in the past).

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
The amos are Kondo Gakuoh 300b single end amps and Audio Note/Kondo 211 se amps.

Audiocrack thanks for the info . I would guess the Kondo Gakouoh and AN Kondo 211 amps would work well with the Supremes , as their bass is actively driven , will the Sunray not need more power to come alive . I believe their website recommends 250W @8ohms to exercise their whole dynamic envelope .

Jazzhead

VIP/Donor
Aug 26, 2012
Hi Georgemg, I have only experience with the Jorna prime loudspeaker cables. So therefore cannot comment on their ic's. I bought the Jorma cables for my coltrane supremes because Marten uses this cable inside the supreme cabinets. Right now I am playing the T1 Sunrays with the Taralabs zero gold loudspeaker cables. On the Sunrays I prefer the latter to the Jorma prime cables: more room, power and bloom. But with the supremes some kind of synergy is created.

I am running the Coltrane 2 and Imuch preferred the ZenSati Seraphim cables to the Jorma Prime , at least in my set-up . The ZenSati are supposedly very similar sounding to the Tara Labs , or so I am told .

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing