High End Show Munich 2013

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
Here is a longer Gryphon Listening Session Video with Flemming:

Nice video Peter. :cool:

Anyone know what the guitar piece playing during the last portion of the video is?

No but I like it, a lot. :b

That was Stevie Ray Vaugn,. "could´nt stand the weather"

I think he meant the video here just above (1st quote), and not the one from the two previous pages (page 9, post #86).
...Which was indeed SRV's Tin Pan Alley (aka Roughest Place in Town); from his album 'Couldn't Stand the Weather'.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
According to Soundhound, it's a song called Vrindavana by The KP Project http://www.allmusic.com/album/future-ragas-mw0001020295

I would say that it is 100% correct. ...Track #8 'Vrindavana' from this album.

-- MI0002459372.jpg

* Can click on the above album's picture cover too, and hear the first thirty seconds of 'Vrindavana' (track #8).
{On that video from your above post, part of that song starts exactly at 5:25}

Thanks a bunch Hedwig because now I will purchase this excellent World music (International) album! :cool:

Last edited:

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
I would say that it is 100% correct. ...Track #8 'Vrindavana' from this album.

Thanks a bunch Hedwig because now I will purchase this excellent World music (International) album! :cool:

Glad to have assisted, Bob. Now if someone can tell me who played the beginning song...sounds like Colin Stetson but that song is too mainstream for him. Also would love to find out the song from Peter's Kondo video.

-Hedwig

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
I read the report of the best setups of Munich made ??by J Valin, was it the same hiendshow I visited? nothing about the gryphon seutp or Berlina C11...

Terry E.

Aug 25, 2012
The Home of the Brave
Glad to have assisted, Bob. Now if someone can tell me who played the beginning song...sounds like Colin Stetson but that song is too mainstream for him. Also would love to find out the song from Peter's Kondo video.

-Hedwig

Hi Hedwig,

Are you referring to the Kondo video from the New York show? If so, the album is "Footprints" by the Kasper Villaume Trio and the song is track 7, "Theme from Mash"

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
... if someone can tell me 1. who played the beginning song...sounds like Colin Stetson but that song is too mainstream for him.
Also would love to find out 2. the song from Peter's Kondo video.

1. Hedwig, can you be more specific please; like from which video exactly (is it from the same video, "Gryphon", at the top of this page here, as indicated in my quote?), and where exactly in that video does that song start?

2. Terry, right above here, has got it. ...Also, the CD cover picture was showing from that video.

I read the report of the best setups of Munich made ??by J Valin, was it the same hiendshow I visited?
nothing about the gryphon seutp or Berlina C11...

I don't know George, the year is 2013, and according to Peter's videos (plus he was there in person);
at least The Gryphon's room was indeed there. :b
- The Berlina C11 setup; I don't know, but Peter might.

* Peter is reliable for stuff like that. ...Perhaps Jonathan Valin missed few rooms, or did not have the time to visit them all,
...or he was high. ;):D

Hi Hedwig,

Are you referring to the Kondo video from the New York show?
If so, the album is "Footprints" by the Kasper Villaume Trio and the song is track 7, "Theme from Mash"

Bravo Terry! :cool:

--

* You can click on the above picture cover.
...This is an Import, and it is roughly fifty-five dollars, and not so easy to find available.

Last edited:

HedgeHog

Mar 12, 2012
Richmond, BC
Sorry to keep highjacking this thread. :(

Hi Hedwig,

Are you referring to the Kondo video from the New York show? If so, the album is "Footprints" by the Kasper Villaume Trio and the song is track 7, "Theme from Mash"

Brilliant, Terry! Thx...now to find a copy.

1. Hedwig, can you be more specific please; like from which video exactly (is it from the same video, "Gryphon", at the top of this page here, as indicated in my quote?), and where exactly in that video does that song start?

Yippur, Bob. The 1st song in the Gryphon video, right after Flemming speaks.

Cheers,
-Hedwig

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Gotcha Hedwig; I'll get into it, from my "music search engine machine". :D

* Meanwhile other members can pitch in if they find it before me; including Peter himself.

*** And two big 'Thumbs Up' to Wizard for this thread! :cool:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

puroagave

Member Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Ha! :b

* This is a cool application Hedwig, as you should be able to find what you were looking for earlier; that first song from that video. ;)

I use audiggle on my home PC, works on the same principle as soundhound. it will I.D. songs off the net like youtube in about 30 seconds, your PC's built-in mic and speakers should suffice.
http://www.audiggle.com/

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing