High End Show Munich 2013

das

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2010
www.soundstagenetwork.com
CH Precision will be everywhere - in 2 setups at MOC, 2 setups at Hifideluxe and 1 at Hotel Kempinski.

Kempinski only a one minute walk from my hotel in the old town.

I'll be honest and say that I really hate when manufacturers go off-site like this. They wouldn't be able to do so if a show wasn't happening, so why not support the show? CH Precision looks to make some good products, but they did this last year and we didn't go, and I can't guarantee that we'll go this year as there's just too much to cover at the MOC exhibits. Hopefully they'll think twice.

Doug Schneider
www.SoundStage.com

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I'll be honest and say that I really hate when manufacturers go off-site like this. They wouldn't be able to do so if a show wasn't happening, so why not support the show? CH Precision looks to make some good products, but they did this last year and we didn't go, and I can't guarantee that we'll go this year as there's just too much to cover at the MOC exhibits. Hopefully they'll think twice.

Doug Schneider
www.SoundStage.com

While I totally appreciate what you're saying...i have observed this happens (across multiple industries which do trade shows or conferences) because the Show/Conference and the Hotels charge OUTRAGEOUS prices that in tough times business struggle to make...particulary if you're trying to budget for several shows/year. Some hotels charge 5x-10x for a room or a showroom when they know demand is high. $200/night becomes $1000, and conference rooms go from 350 to 5,000. I have no idea if this is happening here, but i have seen it myself. Not to mention the show sponsors entrance fee for manufacturers showcasing.

das

Industry Expert
Nov 15, 2010
www.soundstagenetwork.com
That happens in Vegas, but not in Munich -- lots of hotel rooms around. What we're paying we'd pay 365 days a year.

What is expensive is High End. But here's the thing: do you slash your costs and go off-site to get 2% of the traffic? Or do you pay the money and get 100% of it. If I were going to Munich, I'd position myself in the place where the most people see me.

Doug Schneider

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
That happens in Vegas, but not in Munich -- lots of hotel rooms around. What we're paying we'd pay 365 days a year.

What is expensive is High End. But here's the thing: do you slash your costs and go off-site to get 2% of the traffic? Or do you pay the money and get 100% of it. If I were going to Munich, I'd position myself in the place where the most people see me.

Doug Schneider

Good (and rhetorical) question.

georgemg

Feb 11, 2013
Brasil
Hi Wizard

I will go to Munichen show this year again, last year we talked by email about some speakers like aida and boenick W20, I posted more than 100 photos and some movies in one Brazilian forum. I have interest in CH precision, one friend told me that last year they showed their product in one hotel, my friend was invited and he is a hiend dealer in Brasil, I think D. Schneider is right, why shows his product to only 1- 2 % of people?, the only reason is that maybe a form of markenting, but again this year? I would like to know if is possible to visit them in the hotel, because this one of a few digital sources that I would like to listen.

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
Hi Wizard

I will go to Munichen show this year again, last year we talked by email about some speakers like aida and boenick W20, I posted more than 100 photos and some movies in one Brazilian forum. I have interest in CH precision, one friend told me that last year they showed their product in one hotel, my friend was invited and he is a hiend dealer in Brasil, I think D. Schneider is right, why shows his product to only 1- 2 % of people?, the only reason is that maybe a form of markenting, but again this year? I would like to know if is possible to visit them in the hotel, because this one of a few digital sources that I would like to listen.

Actually CH products will be in 5 setups - 2 at MOC, 2 at Hifideluxe and 1 at Kempinski.
I will visit all of their setups with my friend who is a CH C1 owner.

wizard

Oct 17, 2010
wizard-highend.blogspot.com
CH Precision will be exhibiting at HIGH END® 2013 from 9.05.2013 to 12.05.2013. Meet us at booth F213 and discover the upcoming X1 External Power Supply and the long awaited analog input option for C1!

At the Hifi Deluxe the room 618 in partnership with Zellaton loudspeakers will also demonstrate a full CH Precision system.

Finally a private event from 9.05.2013 to 11.05.2013 at the Kempinski hotel downtown Munich is happening in Salon Europa in partnership with Wilson Benesch. A reference system around a tri-amplified Cardinal loudspeakers with a cluster of A1, a pair of Torus subwoofers, a C1 controller with ethernet streaming option as well as a D1 CD/SACD drive will be in operation.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
apparently a 120,000 watt amplifier that looks to be several feet tall...

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
now let me ask...should i plug this into my power conditioner...or straight into the wall? hah!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
What is it?

Pivetta"Opera Only" is the most astonishing mix between creativeness and technology applied to high end audio devices: style, shape, design and performance.

Andrea Pivetta, “the man behind the machine”, has conceived Opera Only carrying on the path begun with his previous Opera One, creating a high efficiency audio amplifier with many distinctive features. The dimensions of Opera Only are so big not for the sound power ( 160.000 watt) but for showing at best the particular characteristics that it can realize. Every feature has a function. It reflects the desire of making technology and art together. In Opera Only, technology meets art. Opera Only aims to be a symbol of the professional high end audio amplifier: maximum sonic performance in a high tech design.

The outer structure has no opening or connections and it is made of aeronautical aluminium treated with NECE Interference. When turned off, it is an impressive 12 sides black prism as, when switched on, it opens up in six separated arcs revealing the technological core and giving the impression of an aerospace engineering object. Moreover Opera Only can be split up in two identical blocks and it works with a standard 3Kwatt power supply if there is not a 160Kwatt power line available.

Technical specs
Power input 230/400V 50/60 Hz 800 A
Power supply 6400 Amp - 1.000.000 mF
Output Power 2 x 60.000 watt RMS Class A
Output multi 6 x 20.000 watt RMS Class A
(Max output power 160.000 watt)
Chassis
Completely absent from connections and openings
Aeronautic aluminium treated with NECE interference

Dimension and weight
Width x Height x Depth 1250 x 1900 x 1250 mm
Once opened 1850 x 2500 x 1850 mm
Weight 1.500 Kg

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
now let me ask...should i plug this into my power conditioner...or straight into the wall? hah!

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!! Good one!!!!!!!!!!!!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing