Ayre 5ce

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Forgot to mention that the player before Ayre was the the Reimyo CD777. Also a very good CDP but the Ayre was slightly better and played SACD and DVD-A.
And yes power cords are very important, Before the MPupgrade the Electraglide Ultra Kahn II was very good on the CDP. After the upgrade PAD Dominus was better.

Yes and AC cords are interestingly, possibly most important on digital gear.

On the topic of EG, I see that there's a new cable from Elrod that several people are quite enthusiastic about :)

ulf

Aug 9, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
For years the Ayre CDP was my reference beating, as I said, some of the worlds best CDP, but now I have discovered the Nagra CDP. It is even better that the Ayre. I love my vinyl setup Hanss Acoustics T60 TT/ SMEv/ Clearaudio Goldfinger wich is superior to any CDP BUT the Nagra comes closer to the vinyl sound that any CDP I have tried with a warm yet detailed "analog" sound!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing